I believe the easiest way to change our energy state AND to simply stay in a high energy vibration state all day long is to move in Gratitude. So you say, “How do I do that?”
Here are three quick things that you can do every day.
1. Start and end every day in Gratitude: Before you even get out of bed in the morning…take a breath and ask yourself, “What am I grateful for today?” then begin listing everything in your mind, one after another – the way my cat purrs in the morning when I wake up, the sound of the rain against the window, my gorgeous gardens, you get the idea…AND do the same thing every night before you go to sleep. Make it a habit. I promise you will get addicted to it because it works.
2. Now what do you do about during the day when you are going crazy multi tasking, meeting deadlines, and facing a lot of negativity? Simply take what I call a Perfect Life Pause…just 1 minute will do. Just stop what you are doing and take a deep breath or to through your nose…and notice your body. This will bring you into being Present. Now do the same thing you did this morning and begin to list all the things in your head that you are grateful for. Do this with your eyes open or closed. Sometime, just looking around the room you will see things that you are grateful for and your whole energy will change. Do this several times a day.
3. Okay and this is one you can keep for yourself of share with your loved ones and even clients. At my yoga studio, they have a Gratitude Journal in the lobby and they invite everyone to list things that they are grateful for. I suggest that you buy a gorgeous journal. I found some at Marshall’s for just $5 with beautiful jewels on them. Use this to record your Gratitude’s.
4. Okay and here is a quick bonus…a story…because we all remember stories…and over the next month, we will be dealing with a lot of family and travelling…so I think it will come in handy. My husband and I were watching this comedian on YouTube and he told this story about how frustrated he gets with people complaining about their trip like when they say, “I had the most terrible trip possible…not only was our plane late and we had to wait 30 minutes, but then we sat on the tarmac for another 45 minutes. It was awful.”
He says, “What are you talking about…you are flying in the air like a bird going hundreds of miles an hour – sitting in a chair. As soon as you finish your snack and your movie you will be in LA! It used to take 30 years to go from one coast to the other – people would die and have children!”
My husband and I were driving downtown to his concert in traffic about to complain when we both looked at each other and repeated his story! See how you can use this analogy with others when they go into a state of lack, fear or resentment…and help them move into a state of gratitude. This could be especially fun with children! SO TO SUMMARIZE
OUR SMART WOMEN TIP TODAY:
- a. So go into gratitude every morning and night
- b. Take a quick Gratitude Pause several times a day
- c. And Start a gratitude Journal
- d. And of course remember this airplane story!
Share what you are grateful for below. I would love to hear from you!