One of the biggest problems that I find with creating goals is losing momentum. How many individuals start out the first of the year with the best intentions of making changes in their life, their finances or relationships, only to get distracted or disappointed within a few weeks. I’ve had it happen to me too, so on last week’s radio show, I shared this Smart Women Tip to help you stay motivated and focused on your goals:
I love creating Big and Bold Goals, so go ahead and think big. Looking ahead to the end of 2015, what do you want your life to look like? Write them out and be very specific.
Now see yourself actually experience that goal manifested.
- So if you want to earn $100K: see yourself with that money in the bank, imagine what you life would look like, what would you be doing each day and how would you feel and look?.
- If you want write a book: see yourself published, getting that advance check, speaking to large groups of people and doing book signings for your raving fans!
- If you want to lose weight or simply be healthier: see yourself wearing fabulous clothing and doing all those things you’ve always wanted to do.
Okay, now that you know that feeling — keep it because we are going to come back to it!
Next, you want to chunk it down.
- If you want to earn that money, write down the steps that you need to take to make that money. How will you earn it, what steps to do you need to do? ( i.e., Ask for a raise or promotion. Make a career change. Create centers of influence to get referrals. Create a new program and decide how many clients you want and what will you charge).
- If you are writing that book, it will mean writing that book proposal, blogging, doing research, hiring a writing coach or editor.
- If you are losing weight and getting healthier, it may include hiring that trainer, signing up for spinning class, eating clean. The secret is Little Steps.
Time for Action: Now it’s time to step out of your comfort zone perhaps and ask for what you are worth, to go out and meet with those centers of influence, make those calls, book 10 appointments with your trainer, book time to write those blogs…that’s action! You will want to stay in action and this may require the help of a coach, mentor or accountability buddy. This is when you will want a system.
Create a Daily Practice of Raising Your Vibration:
- This last step is actually one of the most important believe it or not, because it will help you stay focused, motivated and inspired on what you want every single day — so you don’t lose momentum! I recommend creating a daily practice with a checklist of everything you are working on and including a daily ritual of visualization, meditation and gratitude to keep you focused. In addition, this purpose here is to raise your vibration to the level we talked about in Step #2. Go back and remember that feeling every single day and stay in that vibration of what it will be like when you have manifested your goal. Stay in that beautiful and powerful emotion of joy and prosperity daily. Very important!
- I have had many of my clients and friends who I have taught this process to, share extraordinary stories of how opportunities simply fell into their laps, how their life and relationships have transformed dramatically.
- They key is going back to how you felt when you did your visualization…stay in that vibration of feeling so excited…of feeling so powerful and joyful when you saw yourself living your ideal life (that fat bank account and paychecks, ideal weight, vibrant health).
One last thing! Put this activity into your calendar and then practice several times a day: when you first wake up, noon and before you go to bed. It will take just a few minutes each time — and it’s magical.
Katana Abbott, CFP® is a Life and Legacy Wealth Coach™, international retreat leader, radio show host, speaker and author. At 48, with over $100 million in assets under management, she sold her financial planning business to her partner of 15 years. She left to follow her calling, reinvent herself, and to create her perfect life and business (and so can you). With 30 years of financial and business experience, she can help you create wealth, make a difference and live a life you love!
Grab your free breakthrough clarity session now at: www.TalkWithKatana.com