How many of us go through life on what I call, “on robot”, or like the commercials use to say, “gotta make the donuts”. I remember actually saying this myself before I found my Purpose and Passion in life.
There was a point in my life around 45 years old, when I realized that there was something missing in my life. It was almost like an itch…something I could not put my finger on…yet I knew it was there. There was this nagging feeling or calling that was inviting me to do or be something different and it scared the hell out of me.
I actually kept shoving it down because my life was actually on auto pilot and it was easy. I was at the top of my game — in the top 1% of money managers in my company — attending fabulous conferences and making lots of money.
Then one day, things began to happen to me physically. My knees gave out, and ultimately, I ended up taking one full year off work to think things through…I know this is something that most folks could never do…I am so grateful for that opportunity because it gave me the time to figure out what I really wanted to be doing with my life. What that is, is helping others experience their own Awakening so they too can live with more purpose, passion and prosperity.
Here is a simple exercise that you can do yourself. Imagine that you just won the lottery and money was no longer an issue in your life.
- What would you be doing with your time?
- What would change in your life?
- Would you still be doing the work you are doing?
- Would you still be living where you are living today?
- Would you still be in the relationship you are today?
Now look at your answers and ask yourself why or why not to each of these questions. If your Perfect Life is totally different than how you are living today, what is one thing you can do today to bring more purpose, passion and prosperity into your life today:
- Take up an old hobby like oil painting
- Join a health club or yoga class and schedule time to show up
- Call or visit an old friend you almost forgot about
- Start a blog to get your story and ideas out to the world
- Volunteer or start your own foundation (I did this…it’s not that hard…just ask me)
- Hire a coach, find a mentor, take a class
- Just take that first step
Yes, taking that first step can be so powerful. Take some time to journal about this or leave a comment on this blog telling us what is the one thing that you could do today that would have the biggest positive effect in your life immediately. Thank you!
Visit www.midlifemillionaires.com for your free audio on Creating Your Midlife Millionaire Lifestyle and article on Creating Your Perfect Life. You will also become part of our free community! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Live with Purpose, Passion and Prosperity!