This is a genius idea by Volkswagen! I was struck by two reasons:
- My husband is in the Detroit Symphony Orchestra – and making classical music fun is always a great idea!
- How can we bring more joy and fun into our lives and the lives of others?
When I retired in 2007 to follow my dream of helping people make a difference in the world through their dreams, their work and their legacies, I promised myself one thing: If it wasn’t fun, I wasn’t going to do it. I have been following that dream with my writing, speaking and coaching all from my home. It’s been wonderful. Now this March, I am leading my first Reinvention and Rejuvination Retreat in Panama!
Fun has a special energy to it. Just a few minutes of joy every morning creates special hormones in the body that stay with you for hours!
Watch the movie, Life is Beautiful and imagine what would have happened if the dad had not made the experience a “game” for his son. The game, play and fun helped everyone stay focused on saving this little boy. Here are some things that I do every day to help me stay in a state of joy and gratitude:
- Create a daily ritual of getting up early and reading inspirational material – even 15-20 minutes.
- Keep a Gratitute and Celebrations Journal – and write in it first thing every morning and before bed.
- Take a little time out each day to simply stop what you are doing to be present, notice how your body is feeling and check your breathing.
- If you can – get out in nature and take a short walk and just be present. Listen and stop thinking.
- Smile. Think about is, as soon as you smile, you change your energy and everyone around you.
- Be kind to yourself and to others.
None of this requires a club membership, going anywhere or spending any money. It’s all free and will make a huge difference in your life.
Ask your self what else could you get people to do by making it fun?
I’d love to hear your thoughts about how you make life more fun. Thank you…
With joy and gratitude,
Katana Abbott, CFP, CSA
Midlife Millionaire Coach