Archive for the ‘Teleclasses’ Category
Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What I am suppose to be doing? Why am I here at this point in time?
Sometimes we follow a path in life that we feel was carved out for us. The traditional way of life…birth, school, college, marriage, kids, empty nest, retirement. Are you on this life highway or would you like to take a little detour?
When you feel this way it may mean that what you are doing is not aligned with what you are meant to do.
My partner Michelle told me a story about one of her first college counselors. He asked her what she wanted to do. Her reply was that since she worked in computers that she should probably take some computer courses. He then told her something that has stuck with her. He said “I didn’t ask you what you do, I asked you what you want to do.”
What he meant by that was you don’t have to follow the path that you’re on just because you’re already on it. If your current path is not making you happy, then take a detour. Try a different path. And if that path doesn’t work, then try another one. The point is, don’t settle for unhappy. Always strive for joy and fulfillment.
Take a moment to pause on the things in your life right now that make you unhappy or suck your energy. Now notice where you are feeling that in your body? Last week I wrote about releasing negative feelings. This week we need to identify those things in your life that are making you unhappy. It could be:
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Not getting enough exercise
- Trying to quit smoking
- Work stress
- Wanting to change careers
Whatever your list contains, it won’t fix itself without a mindset change from you – a simple shift in your energy and beliefs around this problem.
For example, you’re ready to start that diet…again. There are plenty of diet plans out there and you’ve more than likely tried a dozen of them but they may not be working. If you think of “dieting” as lack and limitations of what you can eat then you won’t stick to it. You’re taking away from your life and that’s not going to make you happy. What would happen if you simply shifted your energy and limiting beliefs about dieting to thoughts and actions that bring you joy and pleasure?
You know that smoking is bad for you but yet you ignore the warnings. You’ve tried to quit but you say you just can’t. You’ve already convinced yourself that you can’t because you’ve tried in the past and it didn’t work. Again, what if you shifted your mindset from “quitting smoking” to “receiving something else that you love instead”?
Career and job change are the most common life detour I see. I work with women all the time who are unhappy with their current career path and want me to help them identify what their purpose is. You need to first figure out what brings you joy, what is effortless to you, and then figure out how to make money doing that. The “figure out” part may really surprise you. It too may be just a simple shift.
- So what is your detour?
- Where is the void in your life?
- And is there an alternate path that you can take?
I’d like to invite you to join Michelle and me for a very special Teleclass on January 29th where we will talk about life’s detours. We call it Women in Transition: A Guide to Living a Life with Purpose, Passion, and Prosperity. And whether your goal this year is lose 10 pounds or change career paths, there is a simple process that works, and it all starts with that first step…mindset. We can’t wait to share it with you!
Click here for more information and to register for this no-cost Teleclass
As a society, we have been taught to spend every penny we make, to live paycheck to paycheck, often beyond our means, to get it now and pay later. For many of us, these habits are destroying our chance of having any sort of financial freedom and financial peace. It’s a trap and it’s time to get out.
The secret to Financial Freedom is to “Pay Yourself First” and that means saving.
Tip: Now would be a great time to go back and listen to Money Tip #5 to identify what you need for your “Money Cushion” and Tips 1-4 on how to create and find more money.
There are 3 simple steps to this process:
2. Identify how much you want to be saving. This should be a specific percentage of every single penny you bring in. Shoot for 10% minimum, but if you can do more, that’s great!
3. Set up your Saving Categories or Money Buckets. This is why you are saving this money and what it will be used for.
So this is how it will actually work for you. You will go to the bank and open just one savings account. You will pick the percentage that you want to save from every check you receive. Then you will deposit to the savings account, and track it for your specific money goals or money buckets.
Here are a few tips:
- The key is to start a savings plan even if you have debt. We have a very simple process for paying down your debt and while you are doing this, you are also saving and building up your money buckets.
- Create Your Money Bucket Form. You will create categories for and short term savings goals you might have.
- The first money bucket category one you will want to set up is your Emergency Fund or Money Cushion. Your goal is to be putting something away from every check until you have 1 month’s worth of expenses set aside. Then you work at 2 months, then 3 until you have six months saved up.
- Pick out your other Money Bucket categories. These could be saving for a car down payment, or repairs, holiday shopping, family vacation, etc. The key is to save this money rather than put it on a credit card and then have to make payments and pay interests. You are changing that cycle.
- Go back and do Money Tip #5 and use the Expense Tracking Form. You will want to identify how much of a Money Cushion you want and this should be equal to “one month of living expenses”. You will identify this number by completing the exercise from last week’s tip.
- You will be saving a specific percentage from each check. If your goal is 10%, then if your check is $1000, you will save $100. It your check is $100, then you will save $10.
- Use your Money Bucket Tracking Form to split up and track how you are saving. For example. If you have $100 to save, you can decide how you want to break that up. It could be $50 to Money Cushion, $25 to Car Fund and $25 to Vacation or Holiday Fund. You get to decide and then you total the numbers at the bottom. This way you only need one savings account and the Money Bucket forms tells you how much you have for each Goal or Money Bucket!
- If you would like step by step help with all of this and ready to go tracking forms – including our debt payoff plan and money bucket tracking form, then be sure to listen to the Free Clearing Money Clutter call by clicking the link below.
Paying yourself is a gift to you. This way if you get sick, or lose your job, or business slows down, or you have unexpected expenses or decide that you have to leave your marriage; you will have a cushion – a money cushion. This will help you sleep at night and have more confidence and more freedom!
There was a time when I was pregnant and my husband was unemployed and we were paying one credit card with another and we could have lost our home. After that, we vowed to always live on less than we made and we now have over one year’s worth of living expenses in savings. That’s above and beyond our investments. It’s taken us 20 years…but that’s financial peace. You have to start somewhere, even if it’s just $10/week.
It’s not the amount you are saving, it’s the action. The action itself will raise your energy level, your confidence, your self-worth. And remember, “Your Self-Worth = Your Net Worth”. So spend less than you make and pay yourself first starting today!
What do you do next?
- Schedule time to do this exercise.
- Follow the steps above.
- And be sure to go back to Money Tip #5 to identify your Money Cushion. We have given you a special form for that exercise!
Please let us know how you like these Money Tips by posting on Facebook below. Share them with your friends!
For more support, please join our FREE Teleclass called, Clearing Money Clutter: From Chaos to Clarity where we will take you through our five step process to creating wealth and stepping into your money power!
I am so honored and excited to be participating in this amazing event called, Motivation Marathon with 46 Experts and Celebrities, including Dr. Michael Beckwith (featured in the Secret).
The Happy YOU Year Telesummit is designed to give you the tools and support to change your life.
With 46 of the most influential experts and celebrities, speaking over 9 days, the Happy YOU! Year includes some of the most successful certified professional life coaches, authors, celebrities, experts and radio hosts.
Each speaker will not only cover how they become successful, but how YOU can take what they learned and apply it to achieving the success YOU deserve.
I will be speaking on Thursday, January 19th at 8 pm EST on the topic of “How to Create Prosperity in 2012“. I hope you can join us!
With love and gratitude,
Katana Abbott, CFP, CSA
Smart Women’s Prosperity Institute
Patrick Ryan and Awakened Wisdom Experiences (AWE)
invite you to develop your coaching mastery in our Advanced Coach Training Program
- What is at the essence of truly great coaching?
- How do coaches develop mastery?
At Awakened Wisdom Experiences we have asked these questions and made it our business to uncover the answers. We have distilled the essence of truly great coaching and are committed to bringing these teachings to coaches like you. Great coaches coach from their brilliance and naturally awaken this brilliance in their clients. They bring a coaching presence that creates a field of expanded consciousness that taps into their Mind, Body and Heart. This environment helps their clients achieve results beyond what they normally thought possible and magnifies their clients power and success.
AWE Advanced Coach Training Program is for you if you’re ready to:
Expand your coaching skills and receive ongoing mentoring and support.
Increase and expand your contribution in the world.
Enhance and fully own your gifts, talents, and leadership skills.
Experience breakthroughs in your personal and professional life.
“It’s a profound training with an incredible depth of soul wisdom.
~ Einav Tadmor, CPCC, PCC
Each program is led by a team of highly skilled trainers including AWE founder Patrick Ryan and is limited to 12 participants to provide a rich and direct learning environment. This global program is 10 weeks in length and includes a weekly 90-minute tele-class, hands-on coaching, ongoing group work and in-depth personal exploration. This ICF-accredited program provides participants with 15 Continuing Coaching Education Units.
During this 10-week course, you will learn:
- How to access the wisdom field through your mind, body and heart intelligences for more powerful coaching
- Step-by-step techniques for moving your clients from their distorted self to their divine essence for greater clarity, choices and action
- How to embody the Eight States of an Awakened Life and guide your clients to use these powerful teaching in all areas of their lives for greater joy and satisfaction“A resonant rich journey that raises the bar for both me and my clients to practice at a new level of depth and awareness.
~ Daniel Fine, CPCC
Take advantage of our affordable early bird rates and sign up for a Fall program, beginning September 22th or October 12th. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
Register online to reserve your space just click here.
To learn more, visit www.AwakenedWisdom.com.
Or contact Julia Lau de Guzman at 510-754-0643 or Julia@AwakenedWisdom.com.