- How confident are you about leaving your business for a few days, a week, what about a month?
- Do you end up with your nose in your computer and worried about your business when you take a family vacation?
- What would it be like if your business could literally run without you?
Timothy Ferris talks about this in his book, The Four Hour Work Week. I am heading to Costa Rica to lead a women’s retreat next week, and because I have a virtual team in place, my business will continue to run while I am gone. Although this trip will feel like a vacation because we will be in paradise, I will actually be working there. The exciting thing is that with today’s technology, you can work from anywhere and not skip a beat. For example:
- You can access your website, emails, edit your ezine and social media from anywhere.
- You can have phone calls forwarded and post an away message on your email.
- You can also create your ezines and blog posts in advance and have then scheduled to go out while you are gone.
- In addition, with the right team and systems in place, you can delegate and outsource projects virtually, wake up and the work has been completed over night.
Why do you want your business to run without you and to generate passive income? The answer is so you can have a life: so you can take time off to be with your family to deepen relationships, to care for loved ones, to take a course, in case you have an extended disability or health issue, to plan for the eventual “retirement” (when working is a choice), to be able to do something extraordinary, to see the world.
So often I hear people say that some day when they retire, they hope to travel, to do what they love, to spend more time with their family. I believe it’s possible to set your business up now or over the next few years, so you can have that dream lifestyle while you are still young and healthy. I know because I have done it once. I actually left my business for one full year and it ran flawlessly without me. Now I am doing it again only with a whole new business model and YOU can do it too!
What if YOU ARE the business?
- For example, you are a therapist or you are the plumber? When you are sick, you don’t get paid.
- In my former business, I was a financial planner, and if I had not found and trained “the right” intern who could learn my business from the bottom up, taught him everything I knew and more and then allowed him to “become the expert” himself and develop a relationship with my clients, I would never have been able to sell my business for 7 figures.
- Also, creating a system for passive income no matter what type of business you have is the key to creating value.
The real secret here is when you create a business that runs without you:
- you can then have more freedom to become creative
- to flourish at what you love and are great at
- you can take time off to enjoy life more
- to make a difference
- and you never have to retire — especially if you love what you do.
- Plus your business will have value if you decide to sell it.
However, if you never master this art — you will be stuck, drained, overwhelmed, overworked, underpaid in most cases and probably never be able to “retire” or sell your business.
So whether you have a product or you have a service, it is possible for your business to run without you AND for you to create an “Exit Plan”. Bruce Wright, author of The Wright EXIT Strategy, talks about creating your exit strategy as part of your initial business planning.
So take a moment now to look at your business and write out what is it that is going well and what is it that is not working?
I have a couple of options for you:
- Visit: www.HowToCreateProsperity.com and sign up for the Smart Women’s Prosperity System to listen to my free audio and be sure to print out the worksheet so you can follow along.
- I will give you some great exercises right there and I walk you through my Six Pillars of Awakened Prosperity System, which is the process I used to create and sell my business. It’s also the system I am using again in my current business. It will work for you too.
- Watch for your invitation to join the Smart Women’s Coaching Cafe where I will be teaching this process live over the next year. You will have the support, training and resources plus live coaching from me! It’s just a few weeks off!
Looking for one on one support? I have an opening in my private coaching practice for one new client right now. You can schedule a complementary coaching session where we can discuss your dreams and your challenges. Just book the appointment here www.talkwithkatana.com and then complete the online form that I send you prior to our meeting. It’s that simple!
If you have a quick question, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
The good news is that it’s possible to create a business that runs without you because I have done it and you simply need to reach out, follow the system and doing the work.
I believe in you! Big hugs…
Certified Financial Planner™
Smart Women’s Money Coach™